[kwlug-disc] On lowering new member hurdles & comment cards.

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Sat May 8 03:08:36 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 01:43:34AM -0400, Richard Weait wrote:
> hmmm.  Does the mentor-list need to be separated from this
> kwlug-discussion list?  Why?  Based on too much newbie traffic?  If
> the newbie list suffers from the success of too much traffic we should
> move it at that time.

I usually worry about splitting lists too, but in this case, the
name of the list itself may encourage new users to post.

I have no problem with the idea of posting mentor questions on this
list, but maybe the newbies do.

- Chris

P.S. Let me just say publically, that if you have a newbie question, and
	would rather not post to a list until you figure out which question
	to ask, feel free to email me directly.  Not that I'm a guru,
	but I understand the benefit of staying private at first.

	The only challenge will be to get past my spam filter the first time.
	:-)  Once you get through once, though, you'll be on my whitelist.