[kwlug-disc] "What Linux Distro Should I Use?"

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed May 5 03:11:11 EDT 2010

bbierman wrote, On 05/04/2010 9:15 AM:
> Good points.
>
> My only concern is someone that is an introvert and unsure of
> themselves being scared and not trying to come out because they
> don't know what to expect or who they can approach with some
> confidence. After attending the meetings I know that this is
> unwarranted, but is there some way that we can help them get them
> over this fear?

The problem would be to identify them.

But if we can identify them, we could have a buddy system. e.g. I'd be
more than happy to sit beside a newcomer throughout their first
meeting to give them a consistent point of reference in the maelstrom.

The problem would be to get them to identify themselves, if they're
that 'introverted'. Perhaps this would be part of the role of the 'new
member coordinator'?