[kwlug-disc] are you going to be a criminal?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jun 4 20:15:01 EDT 2010

Chris Frey wrote, On 06/04/2010 8:07 PM:
> To my understanding, you need the copyright holder's permission to
> tamper with the digital locks.

And you wouldn't likely get permission. And if you did, there'd be a
no distribute / NDA clause attached.

Like, take it home to do 'homework', and you're illegal.

There's likely no way to put the cat back in the bag, once it's out,
so I assume they're smart enough to never give permission. <silly me>

Think back to registration codes, or unphotocopiable (sp) game codes.
They still got out, so the only sane way to proceed is to never grant
permission.

Development would all be in-house, where NDA's and litigation can all
be brought to bear.