[kwlug-disc] Posting without subscribing to the KWLUG-Help list

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Wed Jun 2 14:21:59 EDT 2010

I think we're running the risk of opening a can of worms on paul again,
which he's already noted is something he's trying to avoid :).

However, I would approach this as follows:
1) We want to create a resource outside the current mail list?  If not,
we're done.  If so then:
2) what do we use to encourage the success of that newb/help facility?
Possibilities:
  2a) mailman list
  2b) forum
  2c) something like the ask an expert blog that I use (and as I noted,
I'd be happy to provide the setup instructions and even the entire
domain to the lug)
  2d) something else.

And somewhere in there we need to appreciate that we've got an entire
community acting as a committee on this, driving one or two poor
unfortunates trying to get something done and keep everyone happy.  So
I'll also say that I don't have strong feelings either way as to what
gets done - though I did want to offer my opinion about the probable
success of a mailman list.