[kwlug-disc] Google dumps Windows OS

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Jun 1 16:40:25 EDT 2010

Darcy Casselman wrote, On 06/01/2010 4:22 PM:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:14 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>> John Van Ostrand wrote, On 06/01/2010 10:38 AM:
>>> It's good to see a large company decide that all corporate desktops
>>> should not run Windows.
>>>
>>> http://bit.ly/dk4f8B
>> This gets annoying ... they keep saying Mac or Linux.
>>
>> Which Linux?
>
> Goobuntu. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goobuntu

DOH! Thanks for that.

Google Chrome (Chromium) = Browser

Google Chrome OS (Goobuntu) = 'Linux'

- certainly answers one of my questions - Ubuntu based.

Interesting. Curious. Not sure if that's good or bad. i.e. vs Red Hat,
competition, and all that. And interesting that it's Ubuntu and 'not'
Debian.

Ubuntu / Shuttleworth got to Google / was successful faster than Red
Hat was?