[kwlug-disc] Wordpress themes must be GPL

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jul 27 23:02:25 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Ralph Janke <txwikinger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
<snip>

I get your point now: without precedence via a court case, the GPL is just
interpretations, untested in a court of law.

I agree with you on this. But in the lack of such case, this is what is out
there ...

Also, the FSF interpretation is, in some cases, ideologically driven, and
overly broad in certain cases.

I have expressed that I have a different opinion on some points already,
for example, extending the GPL to the "same program space" part, vs.
whether an extension is required or not.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.