[kwlug-disc] Tightening up SSH

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 21 09:54:47 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 08:57:24PM -0400, Johnny Ferguson wrote:
> I must concur:
>
> logwatch --service sshd
>
> is gorgeous. Anyone know how I can get my system to store backups of
> logs? My var partition is quite large, and I wouldn't mind hanging on to
> them. I'm not sure if they're designed to do this automatically, or if I
> have to implement it myself.

At the risk of self-promotion, I have a few things about logrotate
from the August 2009 presentation on syslog:

http://www.kwlug.org/files/2009-08-10-syslog-servers.pdf

http://kwlug.org/node/653

If you have a spare Linux box you could easily keep lots of log files
in a way that makes it harder for bad people to scrub auth.log .

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org