[kwlug-disc] if {other command done} then...

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Thu Jul 8 11:00:25 EDT 2010

I push my webserver and desktops each night over to a backup server
using rsync by running a script on the desktops/webserver.  I've got
that set for 1am.
Then at about 3 am on the backup server I run a script that compresses
the backups and dates it.

Is there an easy way to ensure the script on the backup server doesn't
start running until the backups are done?  Or would I be better forcing
the compression and dating right from the desktop script?

g.