[kwlug-disc] Adding (setting up) 2nd disk.

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 06:39:54 EST 2010

I've actually done similar things with a small difference

instead of

cp -a /var/lib/mysql /disk2

I do

cp -ax /var/lib/mysql /disk2

so it does not traverse symlinks. -ax will do the archive copy on a single file system.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/