[kwlug-disc] Biased Bing Search?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 10 13:27:04 EST 2010

If I remember correctly, all search engines in the 90s (Alta Vista) provided

sponsored results that were not marked clearly as that.

Google was the first to separate them clearly, I think.

Recently, they apologized that a search result appeared on top, but kept
it there because the algorithm said it is what it is. I am not sure if it
was the
Michelle Obama picture or something else.

Seems that Microsoft is trying to drag search back to this biased world
that we had almost a decade free from this meddling.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.