[kwlug-disc] Backup and Recovery in the 21st Century

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Jan 8 14:50:54 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you have a monitor to ensure the backup finished correctly?
>
> I've seen people finding out that the backup system had been failing for weeks when they needed it the most.

Oh.  Oh!  And since some of us are using disks for backup, how are we
keeping an eye on disk aging on the backup server?  SMART?  And the
logs and notices go ... ?  Any chance I can get the smartmon out put
to drive a full-sized traffic signal in my kitchen?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28473961@N02/3063999346/