[kwlug-disc] Printing from Windows on Linux (CUPS) printers

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 22:40:00 EST 2010

What do I have to do to have windows computers print to my printer connected to a Mint/Ubuntu box

I've already googled this but cannot make it work

- I found information about configuring Samba and CUPS under Debian and configured as described here:
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Debian-and-Windows-Shared-Printing.html#sharing_with_windows

- The windows computers can see the remote printer and "install" the drivers appropriately

- When I print something I get a communications error.

What else am I missing?

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices