[kwlug-disc] Moonlight and CTV Olympic website

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 19:26:01 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

>> In general, streaming works fine for me.
>
> From cbc.ca? (Or, just generally, from everywhere web else?)

Just generally.  Elsewhere on the web.

> [I hate streaming video, why else was the PVR invented!]

I cut cable.  Not that I watch a lot of streaming stuff, but I'll
check out videos here and there.

> Some sites, usually through some convoluted really irritating antics, will
> let you download the content / capture the stream for later playback from
> your own download.
>
> Any chance that's possible here?
>
> i.e. Any chance the problem is the display of the incoming transmission on
> the fly, as opposed to playing the download once it's arrived?

If you check out the Launchpad link, they've generated a bunch of
workarounds, including this handy website:

http://tarek.org/cbc

I don't have time to try it right now, but if there's something you
wanna watch find the ID and go ahead.

Or maybe somebody could poke Stephen Paul Weber to get his Free
Youtube flashless video greasemonkey script working with CBC...
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/34765

Darcy.