[kwlug-disc] What's the best desktop distribution?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Feb 7 12:28:57 EST 2010

Thanks for the pointers!

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Andrew Sullivan Cant <
acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> Something I have not yet gotten around to looking at is this:
>  dh-make-drupal - Create Debian packages from Drupal modules and themes

Some points to keep in mind if you get to try these tools.

I see this is in Ubuntu 9.10, but not 8.04 (the latest LTS). So it may be
viable
for some, but not those who want to run a 5-year cycle on servers, and not
upgrade their Linux every 18 months or so.

Also, the update.php will still have to be run from the web interface. So I
am
guessing that it takes cares of files only.

Also, the LTS repos have Drupal 5 only, which will get no security releases
once Drupal 7 is out (a couple of months?)
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.