[kwlug-disc] Fw: Dr. Dobb's Update - 02/02/10 - That's The Way Movies Are Made These Days

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 14:41:22 EST 2010

In the topic of Linux penetration.
I frequently hear and read that Linux is just for tinkerers, a toy for geeks, cannot support professional work because it does not run photo shop.

I am sure you've heard those comments too.
So, when you need examples other than yourself to show how professional Linux is and wht penetration it has on real life, just explain them that it runs the software and servers used to create Lord of the Rings, Avatar and many other movies.
Raul Suarez

Technology consultant

Software, Hardware and Practices

http://rarsa.blogspot.com/