[kwlug-disc] What's the best desktop distribution?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 03:20:27 EST 2010

William,

You gave good points for an administrator.

My understanding of the question was for Office use.

Office users are not meant to be computer savvy. Even if we are, we just want to get our work done. No tinkering with upgrades and kernel replacements, that's why we pay the tech support. We just need a usable and stable system where we do our job. Whether it is programming or selling insurance or assembling a virtual appliance.

We don't care if the distro depends or not on GUI, We depend on GUI to do most of our work.

Yes, I am a tinkerer, I like breaking things and putting them together, but when I am working I just want things to work, and if they don't I care that I get good support.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/