[kwlug-disc] Stallman comes out against Google's cloud

Rob S. mr_semantics at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:18:17 EST 2010

> He also makes an interesting point about how in the US if your data is
> on a corporate server then the police can access sometimes without even
> a search warrant?  No idea what that's about.  g.

My take on that was a company might not be even the least bit resistant to letting the Police look at their user's data; in other words, where you might personally refuse the Police if they ask to look at your computer, the company might not.  There is a sense where it does not matter to the company, so why not let the cops have a look?