[kwlug-disc] Interested in a presentation about Privacy?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Apr 26 19:27:28 EDT 2010

Using government issued documentation to verify identity defeats the
purpose of creating a "Web of Trust" that isn't dependent on a central
authority figure.

I have keysigning procedures from an IETF BoF gathering from many years
ago; I'll set the search bots in motion and post something later
tonight.  The IETF procedure requires only recognizance by people who
actually know each other, we don't need no steenkin' gov...  um, there
is no reliance on a hierarchical certificate authority.  There is a good
bit of preparation required tho, so polish up your keys in anticipation.

--Bob.