[kwlug-disc] Developing cross platform Linux + Mac OS apps

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Thu Sep 17 17:02:51 EDT 2009

Just a quick follow up... thanks to Darcy and Bob for their comments.

I've decided to give wxWidgets a try.  It's a cross platform library
that aims to use native widgets on each platform.  I like the coding
style of the library, seems to have a competitive memory footprint
(seems a little better than Qt sometimes in my brief tests), has
clear examples, and there's no preprocessor to the C++ code.

I won't know until later whether I made the right choice.
Feel free to ask me next year. :-)

Thanks again,
- Chris