[kwlug-disc] Botched upgrade from Kubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) to 9.10 (Karmic)

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Nov 6 19:48:09 EST 2009

The saga continues ...

Tried a third laptop, which is a Dell and has 64bits capable Intel Core 2.

The upgrade from Kubuntu 9.04 to Kubuntu 9.10 worked fine, but the laptop
freezes after you login via Kwin. Logging in via Alt-F2 does not cause it to
crash.

So, again, did a clean install and it worked fine. This laptop has a
Broadcom wireless that never worked on previous releases, and I had to do it
with ndiswrapper.

This time, I checked "Hardware drivers", and it was listed there as
"Broadcom STA" which worked well.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.