[kwlug-disc] linky

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Nov 6 18:30:20 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 01:29 -0400, Chris Bruner wrote:
> unsolicited wrote:
> > Monitor sleep mode doesn't matter, it just has to be connected.
> >
> > i.e. When you tried was the monitor connected and the laptop set to
> > display on both internal and external monitors?
> >
> > Does the proprietary driver / settings at least show that there are
> > two monitors present?
> >
> > (I would have thought nvidia / dual would be pretty important. i.e.
> > Running as a live cd I would have thought both monitors would just
> > come up. No?)
> It's on a desktop and the monitors showed as present immediately after
> installation. I tried setting them to twinview like the gentoo system
> has, and after rebooting it no longer saw the second monitor.
>
> As I said before, this isn't important to me, I was just trying it out
> to see what was new and reporting on my findings. Don't bother trouble
> shooting it anymore
> Both monitors didn't come up in the live cd either.

Just came across this blog entry from one of the planets I follow:

http://blog.khax.net/2009/11/05/ubuntu-9-10-impressions-extra-packages/

Apparently nvidia-settings can not parse the xorg.conf (likely since
there is not one) and fails to write the necessary dual-head info to the
file.

Does nvidia's binary driver not support xrandr?

--
Chris Irwin
e:  chris at chrisirwin.ca
w: http://chrisirwin.ca