[kwlug-disc] Topics for future meetings

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 11:55:32 EST 2009

--- On Wed, 11/4/09, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> i've always considered the primary focus of a LUG
> presentation to inspire the attendees to think, "wow, i can't *wait*
> to get home and try that myself."

I concur with that assessment as that is usually what I'm looking for when I attend presentations or give presentations.

I don't think of the presentations as training, I think of them as showcasing.

I look for things that I don't know that could be useful now or down the road or things that would Wow me about Linux.

Maybe that's because I'm a practical guy who is easily awed.

But again, if someone offers a presentation and enough hands are raised I don't see why not.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/