[kwlug-disc] Mandriva 2010.0 released

Gary Walsh gwalsh at notw.ca
Tue Nov 3 18:37:33 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 11:47 -0800, Raul Suarez wrote:
> The Powerpack version includes installation and configuration support which make it seem fairly priced.
>
> - Being an European company: Do they provide support around the world and in different languages? I couldn't find that information.
> - Regarding the configuration support: Does that include helping clients with hardware driver  issues?
>
> I'm just curious.

Their support page says "We provide Level 1, 2 and 3 technical support
covering the installation of Linux distributions and software,
configuration, performance improvement, software maintenance, and
technology watch."  They seem to have a lot of enterprise and oem
support.

They are not just European, since they have a Brazilian office as a
result of their merger with Connectiva a few years ago.  They do not
list any other offices.  I think that they had a Montreal office years
ago.  Their "Choose your country" page lists 21 countries. You would
have to contact them for more specific info, I guess.

I have been running Mandriva for many years.  I consider it one of the
best.  I found Ubuntu to be not as good as Mandriva, though I haven't
tried the latest version yet.

--
Gary