[kwlug-disc] Linux and NT unified kernel?

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Fri May 29 14:34:03 EDT 2009

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 05/29/2009 02:16:17 PM:
> I'm glad that they mention ReactOS -- it was the first thing that I
thought
> of when I started reading the article. This isn't something I reallycare
about
> :P, but I wish those developers luck (it's certainly interesting from
> a technical
> standpoint).

I wonder how device drivers will work. Won't it be an issue if a Windows
device wants to control the same device as Linux? Will it not be mutually
exclusive, i.e. if a windows driver is loaded for a device then a Linux
driver can't be and vice versa?

Do they need to worry about accommodating things like storage adapters if
it is already accessible through a Linux driver or are there functions of
the Windows driver needed by the environment?

I'm beginning to think this may not be as useful as I originally thought.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.

CTO, co-CEO
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12