[kwlug-disc] Mobile internet 'sticks'

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Wed May 20 08:43:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 08:45, Charles M <chaslinux at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I currently use Fedora 10 on my laptop, and I am wondering if anyone out
>> there has had any experience with either Bell or Rogers and their mobile usb
>> sticks?
>
> I believe Bell actually has a very large collection of pages on the subject.
> Someone brought a stick in once, but their preference was getting their
> existing wireless working (which we did). The documents he had from Bell
> were a good 30 pages or so (but it looked relatively easy - large
> step-by-step screen shots).

A little late to the discussion, but Panji Nushantara on
planet.ubuntu.com composed a list of GSM modems he has used
successfully with Ubuntu Linux. Some of these are cell phones (The
Huawei and Sierra Wireless ones are not, anyway). These are only GSM
devices, so this particular selection would limit you to Rogers.

http://ubuntu.igameilive.com/2009/05/list-of-working-gsm-modems-on-ubuntu.html

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>