[kwlug-disc] an appealing theme for a weekly blog post?

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:34:41 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009, Robert wrote:
> On Thu, 7 May 2009, Bill Traynor wrote:
>> How about an article or two about "Crossing the Chasm" between user
>> space development and kernel development.  Too many developers with
>> potential give up too early on system level development after their
>> initial patches get ridiculed.
>
>  jeez, what a stupid idea.  :-)  actually, i encourage people to get
> their feet wet by starting with some simple janitorial work, and i've
> convinced a local KWLUGer to get into that with me offering a bit of
> guidance

/me jumps out from behind a curtain

It is I! I've been avoiding it for far too long.

As to the topic at hand, I agree with both Bill and Glen. Bridging the
gap seems like a good idea, since people sometimes get scared of
things they shouldn't be. I'm also a fan of "tools/gadgets" type posts
where you talk about your favourite tool or trick, just to spread the
word. I find it's a good way to learn about new software/tools/tricks.