[kwlug-disc] IPCop (and friends) vs hardware router

Cedric Puddy cedric at thinkers.org
Fri Jun 19 13:17:18 EDT 2009

On 18-Jun-09, at 5:28 AM, Paul Nijjar wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:43:45PM -0400, Kiwi Ssennyonjo wrote:
>> The choice is simple and clear in my opinion. Pfsense is your
>> appliance
>> It will do everything on your list and more.
>>

> Holy cow. Why didn't I download this 10 minutes after your KWLUG
> presentation?

Hi Paul,

There are folks who sell embedded-style hardware explicitly designed
to run pfSense.

I've got clients that went and found such things ... I can't remember
an exact vendor, but if you go looking and have trouble finding
suitable devices online, let me know and I'll go find out what my
client bought.

-Cedric