[kwlug-disc] IE -> firefox business case

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Fri Jun 19 08:57:29 EDT 2009

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 06/19/2009 05:27:18 AM:
>    anyone have a link that makes a compelling argument for IE ->
> firefox on windows?  simply saying, "hey, it's open source!" will
> rarely convince the non-techies who hold the chequebook.
>
>   i know most of the advantages, but it would be nice if there was a
> link somewhere that explained it in excruciating and irrefutable
> detail.  thanks.
>
> rday
>
> p.s.  there are, of course, other possible OSS browsers, but i doubt
> there's any point trying to make an argument for them.  firefox is
> pretty much the standard.

Just make sure your customers know that for some sites they may need to
switch back to IE. There are still sites out there that think everyone is
using IE.

I always tell customers that large consumer sites are generally okay, it's
the niche industry specific sites that often do stupid things.

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.

CTO, co-CEO
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12