[kwlug-disc] vmware questions

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Fri Jul 31 13:28:28 EDT 2009

I'm installing vmware server on my linux box and am a bewildered by the
process.

My machine has a native XP installed.  I then later installed Mandriva
on top of that as a dual boot system.  Now I installed vmware with the
intention of running my windows stuff without rebooting.  Can I run
windows through vmware by accessing the original xp install on the
machine?  Or do I need to start fresh, install just mandriva then
vmware, then install windows from my CD's using vmware?

g.