[kwlug-disc] Dell Inspiron 1150 Slowness

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Jul 16 23:29:40 EDT 2009

Can you swap the drives and see if the problems follows the drive?

Given Raul's comments, can you boot up an 8.04 test drive CD (on
both), and see if you get similar response times on both laptops.
Granted, the 'measurements' would be subjective.

- if you pulled the hard drive on the 1150, then boot the CD, you
could at least eliminate the potential flakiness of any drive impact
on your observations.