[kwlug-disc] Dell Inspiron 1150 Slowness

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jul 16 23:16:36 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Raul Suarez <rarsa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What video chipset does it use? If it is Intel then the problem is with the
> video drivers. I was able to revert back my drivers and it improved
> substantially but it still feels slower than it should be.

I am typing this on Kubuntu on a Toshiba laptop with intel chipset.

lspci says:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

This is kubuntu 8.04.2 though, an older version than Charles is using.
Perhaps you can try 8.04 which is an LTS (3 year support on the desktop,
rather than the 18 months for other non-LTS releases).

> Raul Suarez
>
> Technology consultant
> Software, Hardware and Practices
> http://rarsa.blogspot.com/
> An eclectic collection of random thoughts

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com