[kwlug-disc] Generating and using PGP keys

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 09:35:01 EST 2009

Chris Frey wrote:
> For me, I already know
> you, so I'd just want to make sure you haven't been
> using an alias all this time. :-)

Actually, would it really matter?  For many purposes, it is enough to
know that the person you call Brent is the same person that is claiming
to be the person you know as Brent in emails to this list.

The kinds of situations where this distinction might be important are
communities where both reputation and anonymity are paramount.  Two
examples I can think of are human rights organizing and filesharing
release groups (without implying moral similarity).