[kwlug-disc] Generating and using PGP keys

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 07:57:00 EST 2009

--- On Fri, 2/20/09, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> e.g. The transfer of e-mail between a health care provider
> and patient.

Agree. But how many people communicate through email with their HC provider? I don't know any.

> It also has to do with authentication and attribution -
> particularly for legal things like contracts.
Agree. But how many people do contracts over the internet on a day to day basis? I don't.

> Unfortunately, the awkwardness that Paul mentions has
> gotten in the way.

I don't think it's the awkwardness. I think that most people don't really need it. Back to my analogy, people that are riding their bike need a helmet but that doesn't mean that everyone needs a helmet to feel safe.

So I think that your response and my response to your response didn't ad anything to my original email. :D