[kwlug-disc] Generating and using PGP keys

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:07:14 EST 2009

So in this onslaught of very good and pertinent information (thank you
all), let me see if my questions have been answered by stating my
conclusions for review and grading.

If I create one key and present its fingerprint to a group of people
(herein referred to as you guys) to be signed, that would be my "ID"
key.  Then I can create new keys for specific purposes and sign them
myself so that, er, by proxy? the trust that you guys have given my
master key is extended to the new keys?  And the security of that key
is limited by the trustworthiness of whatever diligence and
trustworthiness can be ascribed to you guys?

In that case expect that I am interested in getting my key signed at
the next meeting.

Brent