[kwlug-disc] firewall question

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 08:16:32 EST 2009

> From: unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca>

> Remote users just multiply the complexity by a more than
> exponential amount. If the first line of defence is physical
> security, that just got thrown out the window.

Independently of agreeing on the security part.

Can we agree that remote users are a necessity of modern business until instant teleportation is a reality?

Users should be educated and made responsible for anything that happens under their ID.

(FYI, I'm currently at home but writing this from my office computer. I'm VPNing as I had to start the day early to send some emails and prepare some status reports before I get to the office)