[kwlug-disc] March meeting location

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 10 19:45:44 EST 2009

I know that some people will be unhappy with this, but I don't think that we can make the meeting room we used last month work out. My apologies.

I have not updated the website yet (and I have not worked out all details) but I think that our old location of 43 Queen is the most likely candidate for next month. (Lori: this is on the same network, but it suffers from the notoriously flaky wireless that I am too dumb to get working reliably.)

As for the future: there is another room with good access at 58 Queen (the "Wright Room") but it is in pretty high demand. We would not get consistent access to it.

There is also the possibility of meeting at 97 Victoria, at the St. John's Kitchen space on Weber and Victoria. The space is huge and there are not too many evening meetings, but the parking situation could be an issue. The Working Centre has a few parking spots (I think 14?) that can be used for free. Transit access to the location is not ideal either.

As I said before, nobody is kicking us out of 43 Queen, so we will have a home as long as we can use it. But as the cafe has gotten busier and noisier we have clearly had some issues. (Incidentally, one reason we are cramped is because we have to leave a corridor free to the back door, which is another thing I did not plan well for February's meeting.)

- Paul