[kwlug-disc] What would people like to do, under the auspices of kwlug?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 26 14:45:17 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 01:20:03PM -0500, Darcy Casselman wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>
> Do we have a lot of radicals around? :)

As unofficial secretary of the officially nonexistent "everybody
should grow beards like RMS" club, I am claiming my fifth amendment
rights on this. Also I use Linux. I mean, I use GNU/Linux.

> People can just go ahead and do things anyway, with or without the
> "kwlug" name.  Right now, it looks like the only way we have to say
> whether something is or isn't related to kwlug is whether it shows up
> on the website, or happens at a monthly meeting.  So I guess all you
> need to do to get official kwlug sanction right now is convince
> someone with access to the website that it's a good idea.

Getting access to the website is easy! (Maybe too easy...) If you
don't have access then lots of people have admin access:

- Richard
- Steph Smith
- John van Ostrand
- Gary Chisholm (!)
- Bill Traynor (!)
- Brent
- Me
- Rob Day
- Marko Vidberg (!)
- Chris Bruner
- Charles McColm
- Chris Frey
- John Kerr
- Andrew Cant
- Adam Glauser
- Lori
- Khalid

Yikes. I guess you can contact one of those people. You can sign up
for an account and then somebody can approve your account for posting
information.

If some of those people don't want administrator rights then they can
let me know and I can demote them. I am tempted to demote anybody who
has not been active for over 6 months, just because having admins who
never log in is scary.

In any case, if you want to put content on the website and turn it
into the next linux.com, go right ahead (keeping in mind that there
are no guarantees that the data will be preserved on upgrade (although
I will try)).

- Paul