[kwlug-disc] Company sponsorship for meeting place?

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:18:44 EST 2009

I think that the only legitimate way for a business to sponsor a
meeting would be if one company "hosts" a meeting and picks up the
expenses. Every thing else is a paperwork/legal kerfluffal (sp?)

I am not against the idea. But for an incorporated business entity to
hand over any amount of money from its bank account, it has to account
for it, and if there is more than one shareholder, approved.

To that end, I would have no problem attending a corporately sponsored
KWLUG meeting. I may even have the potential to sponsor one by the end
of the year.

--
Sent from my mobile device