[kwlug-disc] ubuntu and rogers rocket stick

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 21 18:27:17 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 02:20:00PM -0500, brydon wrote:
> Darcy mentioned he noticed someone at the last meetup using a Rogers
> rocket stick. If anyone has any links, advice, etc on how to get it
> working with ubuntu, please let me know?
>
> I'm running karmic on an x61 thinkpad, if that helps.

Darn it. I am pretty sure I set this up for somebody on an older
version of Ubuntu (8.04 or 8.10, I think). But I did not write
anything down.

Looking through the links online (including the ones from your Ubuntu
Forums post) the advice here looks familiar:

http://www.timetraveller.org/rogers/

I seem to remember that the key to getting this working was step 3:
making sure that the device showed up as a modem, not a USB drive.
But I could be mistaken.

I would check dmesg to see whether the device is detected as a USB
flash drive, as a modem, or as both.

- Paul