[kwlug-disc] (In progress) kwlug candidate meeting site sourced.

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 08:16:40 EST 2009

--- On Sat, 12/19/09, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Therefore someone must sponsor us the space.
> Their first question: Who are you?
> Their second question: Why do I care, what can you do for
> me?

"Who we are?" I already gave my definition. I don't think we should change who we are just to please an external entity.

"What can you do for me?" Keep the site clean and safe, Be respectful of your rules regarding the accommodations.

Tit for tat? no thank you unless it happens symbiotically. (such as bringing people to the Heuter that may spend money)

> [The above will be true for ANY organization able to
> sponsor us space for free. Consider Raul/Manulife - no go
> because not enough Manulife'rs would attend.]

And I wouldn't even suggest start bringing more Manulife people by selecting topics that are related to the systems we develop.

I hope this is clear.

> No sponsor is going to sponsor us for free if the people
> paying for the space can't participate.

Maybe the working centre spoiled us. Maybe the initial arrangement with the Heuter spoiled us.

Believe it or not, Some people don't always think tit for tat.

> Not so much 'change', I think, as 'identification'?

Cough, cough... identification with a church may be easy for you, not for me.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/