[kwlug-disc] (In progress) kwlug candidate meeting site sourced.

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Sat Dec 19 17:25:25 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 08:34:11AM -0700, Lori Paniak wrote:
> One, non-binding, way to help bridge the gap would be to ask speakers to
> make a point of partitioning their talks into a newbie-friendly
> introduction and synopsis (who am I, what problem am I trying to solve,
> tools I used, success/glitches), meaty mid-range (for typical KWLUGer)
> and then a few minutes at the end for the extra credit crowd.  That way,
> everyone has a chance to come away with something.

Maybe we need a "How to give a presentation" presentation.
But who has a big enough head to actually give a talk like that?? :-)

There is a challenge in limiting a presentation to 1 hour.  Most people
think it would be a challenge to fill 1 hour, but once you get rolling,
you realize time flies pretty quick when you're up front.  It takes
some skill to fit everything into 1 hour.

On the other hand, once people try it, and the hour blitzes by so quickly,
maybe it won't be so bad and more people would be willing to volunteer
presentations.

- Chris