[kwlug-disc] Benefits of using alternate firmware on Linksys WRT54G

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Thu Dec 10 00:12:09 EST 2009

Yes USB is hubbable on the Asus WL500g Premium with 2.6 kernel OpenWRT
firmware.  Best to use a powered hub.

I had two printers and a hard drive going simultaneously once upon a
time.

Khalid is right. I didn't find any announcements of great progress on
the OpenWRT firmware. The WNR-3500 is a WiP on the open source side.
I'm sure the stock firmware is pretty decent. Still, I've been known to
buy broken things for amusement and there are many unrevealed surprises
in the OpenWRT trunk.