[kwlug-disc] Benefits of using alternate firmware on Linksys WRT54G

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Dec 9 14:30:56 EST 2009

Two big extra features I use constantly are the pretty graphs of Tomato,
and the MLPPP configuration of Tomato/MLPPP  Download from
http://fixppp.org/

Can't say I've seen a performance improvement, but then performance and
throughput were hard to measure at the router with standard firmware.
Tomato will dump its logs to a syslogd somewhere, which I didn't see in
the standard firmware.

--Bob.