[kwlug-disc] New locations brainstorming

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Dec 9 11:18:22 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Adam Glauser <adamglauser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given the prices it I'd say these are out, but for the sake of reference I
> did a quick check at the libraries.  The KPL charges half price for
> non-profits, but I don't think we qualify.
>
> WPL:
> ------
> James J. Brown Auditorium: $40/hr, capacity 75
> Projector rental - $50.00
>
> KPL
> ------
> Hambilin East room: $40 for 2hrs, capacity 35
> Schneider Room:     $60 for 2hrs, capacity 60
> Projector rental: $100 + tax

I looked into meeting rooms in Cambridge a while back.  Best match at
that time was a meeting room in a local hockey rink.  No, the room was
not refrigerated.  The room booking was $50 but that is waived for
community groups that a) meet once per month b) leave a single $50
deposit c) actually show up for their booked events.  The room
appeared suitable provided we bring our projector.

Perhaps a KW local can check the local rinks?