[kwlug-disc] Recovering deleted files

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Aug 18 17:05:50 EDT 2009

Oksana Goertzen wrote, On 08/18/2009 4:23 PM:
> On our NetWare servers we used to use Salvage.  On Windows 2008 we
> run Undelete Server.  On Linux we use ??  It's the ?? part I was wondering
> about.  There are no NTFS partitions on the Linux servers I'm referring to.
> Currently they are running ReiserFS under SLES10/9.

I think what we're pointing out is that we don't really know what
Salvage or Undelete Server is, or does.

These are servers out in the nether that collect deleted files for
possible later recovery? And each 'client' is somehow told to send
their deleted files to these servers?

As opposed to local settings or undelete repositories on each
individual machine?