[kwlug-disc] (Home) External Storage?

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 6 08:27:30 EDT 2009

When I setup my DNS-323 I setup a daily sync between the two drives instead of RAID.

There were several discussion threads that talked about this and the general conclusion was that if you did not need 24x7 reliability then the nightly-sync was better.
- No possibility of corruption due to RAID
- No RAID problems if one drive fails and need to be replaced

Other RAID hardware may be more reliable of course.

Andrew