[kwlug-disc] any interest in a local spinoff for a programming mailing list?

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 12:18:24 EST 2008

I'm certainly interested in this.

I'm also a member of the Comp Sci Club's exec. (Well, actually just
the sysadmin this term.)

The only kind of resources like this that we have for students are the
newsgroups for CS classes, uw.cs.cs*, but I don't think those are
easily acccessible from off campus (though they might be).

There is also the Waterloo Libre Software Group (wlsg.uwaterloo.ca)
that meets once a week. They've gone to meetings at the AideRSS
building on King St sometimes. But I think they are more associated
with Perl or web languages.