[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Raspberry Pi projects (June 2016)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 4 03:56:45 EDT 2016

It appears that June is Raspberry Pi season in KWLUGistan. Last June
John Kerr showed off his Raspberry Pi 2, and this month we have an
additional two presentations about  the Pi. Grade 8 student Omar Atwa
used a Raspberry Pi to create a Water Irrigation System for his
school's science fair. He will show us how he put the project
together.

Omar inspired Khalid Baheyeldin to get involved with Raspberry Pi
development. Khalid bought himself a development kit, and he will
share what he learned, as well as some of his projects (music players
and a weather forecasting application). These presentations will begin
at 7pm.

In other news, we are putting together a series of short presentations
for the August meeting. Do you have a short presentation to
contribute? If so please get in touch.

And that's it. Go eat some Pi, or some Raspberries. But first you
should note where Monday's meeting will be held:

St John's Kitchen
97 Victoria Street North
(at Weber)
Kitchener

Find maps and pictures of the site at http://kwlug.org/sjk .
Come by starting at 6:30pm or so to help set up.

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org