[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Social Night (at the Rum Runner Pub)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 10 18:41:24 EDT 2012

August is the season for vacationing, and KWLUG is on a road trip this
month as well. This month KWLUG is holding a social night, but the
party venue is different: we meet at the Rum Runner Pub in Kitchener.
Bring your conversation hats and tech demos. Tim the room-booker asks
that everybody who attends purchase something from the pub, "if only a
fizzy drink", so that the Rum Runner feels it was worth booking us.
The festivities start at 7pm.

September's meeting will be held at the usual location, St John's
Kitchen.

Because this is a social night we have no FLOSS Fund contribution
scheduled.

In other news, it looks like The Working Centre will be hosting
Software Freedom Day again this year, but it will be held Saturday
Sept 22, not on Sept 15. We are looking for volunteers to help with
publicity, event preparation, and to give talks. If you are interested
contact Charles at his Gmail account, username chaslinux.

If you are in the mood for an actual presentation this month, the
WatPy people are holding a talk on "ScyPy and Code Retreate" on August
30. The talk starts at 7pm in the Engineering 6 building at the
University of Waterloo.

Remember, this month's meeting is at a different location!

Rum Runner Pub
1 King Street W
(on King at Queen St)
Kitchener