[kwlug-help] Openvpn assistance request.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 23 01:26:35 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 01:20:00PM -0400, Chamunks Arkturus wrote:
> Okay, now I've set up this fairly to the letter minus a few obvious tweaks
> and now I'm getting this...
> Conf files included.  Where do I begin here :S

I don't know what the problem is, but I remember running into these
problems. Unfortunately I don't think I got exactly the same messages,
and I don't remember the fixes. Some help I am.

Here's a few pieces of generic advice:

- Increase the verbosity of your client and server. Change the "verb
  3" in your .conf files to 4 or 5 and see whether that gives you any
  clues.

- Check your firewalls. Remember that by default OpenVPN uses UDP,
  which does not track connections. So your firewall on the client
  could very well be refusing the connections. I have changed UDP
  to TCP sometimes, and it has worked.

- Instead of trying to use your Android device to connect right away,
  would it be possible to use another plain old machine (a laptop or
  desktop or something)? I think the client might have a logfile too.

> Didn't know about the filesize limit on the mailing list here is it all
> compressed.

Yeah. You got stuck. I can increase the file size on the list
but I think things would have fit if you trimmed your logfile a bit.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org